Skip to main content

THIS LACK OF CONCENTRATION..

Concentration is required in every walk of life.Whether we are students or working or even playing no achievement can be made without concentrating the mind.

Sadly,these days the situation has become such that I am not able to concentrate my mind properly.With the semester over,I don't have any pressure to study and with no people around,I have developed laziness.I used to get up early ion the morning a few days back,but thanks to this winter and my loneliness I have not been able to get up in the morning a single day this month. Then it comes to studying.I had elaborate plans,when the semester ended but unfortunately I have not been able to concentrate and hence no study at all!I have spent a few hours here and there studying but nothing much significant.

There are various reasons for it but the primary one is the lack of concentration.This is a problem which has haunted me for a long time.I make plans,sit down to study but as soon as I do that,my mind deviates to some other place,which has become a common event.No matter how important the exam is,I have never been able to sit for a few hours and study properly.

These days with internet available at the press of a button and a multiple other things ready to distract us,having a concentrated mind is difficult to achieve yet too important to ignore.I consider this lack of concentration a big disability and often pay the price for it.

Then it comes to solutions.First and foremost the therapy that comes to my is the one offered by Buddha.The noble eightfold path leads to a concentrated mind for sure.For a few months I was able to have some success and hence I think it works fine with me.For the past six months I have not tries enough to follow the eightfold path and I believe,I have not been able to concentrate and perform as per my potential.There is still plenty of time for course correction though.

In the Buddhist teachings,the  not concentrated mind is compared to a wild monkey.Yes,the swings of the mind are just like that of a monkey and bringing the mind to a point is a hard task to do.Now I think for the immediate future ahead there should be a plan which I must follow strictly:

=>I need to study for a few hours everyday and shut down everything during the studies both from the mind as well as physically.
=>I have to realize the importance of having a concentrated mind.Without concentration no one can achieve anything.
=>I need to have a proper time table.Getting up late everyday and feeling regret for it later is not a comfortable situation to be in.

I don't have any problems with anybody else,the only problem lies inside of me.I set up high ideals for myself and when I am not able to live up to them,I feel regret.This gap between ideals and reality causes irritation and frustration as well.At this stage of life,the mind is restless but then we have to be careful not to let it wander in the wrong direction which will cause embarrassment later on.

   One who has controlled his mind,nothing else is left to be conquered by him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FINDING A PURPOSE....

Whenever you feel like there is no purpose to life,that all you seek is eventually going to be wasted,everything you seek is nothing but an illusion and as you reach the destination of this journey known as life it turns out to be - DEATH. By this I don't mean death is horrible or is something to be avoided,but when you don't see a purpose to life itself,it is all frustration. The more I know about life,the more pointless it seems. As a God denier,I don't have the support of some supreme deity. Although,I confess here that I seem to understand now,why more people follow God than who do not. People like me,either give up and say all this God denying was a delusion and follow some religion for the rest of their lives,and the others,keep on struggling. When you do not have a shadow of religion over your head,life is definitely a struggle. But whether this struggle is worth it or not,is a matter of personal experience.  I am too young to give up a search for truth withou

POWER OF GOODNESS WITHIN

As children,we are a born innocent,carefree and of course we love unconditionally.As we grow up,in the society,we are taught that certain things are right ,while certain things are wrong and we begin shaping up our personalities accordingly.We are taught that certain values within us are agreeable while some are not.Some things we should develop some things we should not.Soon after we begin to see the good and bad of the world.We too realize everything is not that rosy in here,as we used to believe in childhood.The world does seem harsh on us at times and sometimes we feel like we have been hit hard. I want to focus on the personality that we develop all through this.As we grow older the only thing we carry forward are our personalities.I am a firm believer in reincarnation and I think the personalities are carried forward through different lifetimes.But I'll not talk about reincarnations here,let's get limited to this life itself.From childhood to death it is only

EXAMS OVER....WELL ALMOST!!

So finally May is over and a lot of my examinations have concluded too. It means, on one hand I am relaxed and calm while on the other I am excited or should say nervous about my results ahead. This nervousness will subside soon as I won't have to wait longer than a month for the results. I have only one major exam left but I think I have studied what I need to and it is just a matter of time before it passes too. I remember,back in last June I mentioned that my path to future will be decided by the middle of this month,all I can say that it is still undecided. I have appeared for exactly 6 examinations this year,4 of them have been disappointing while the two recent ones raise a glimmer of hope,which is necessary. I have one more chance to get ahead. Only yesterday I appeared for the BHU entrance exams. The question paper did not seem to difficult but once I arrived home I found a few of my mistakes which were silly in nature. It leaves me at a critical point. I can&#