Skip to main content

2015 GONE..............2016 IN...

The year 2015 has passed quietly and we are in 2016 now!For me,this year was significant in terms of academics.First of all,I managed to secure a seat at the prestigious BHU which was like a dream come true for me.Then,this was the year I left my home for the first time,to live in some distant place.It has been almost six months since I left home and now I fell comfortable in my adopted home for the time being.

The year 2015 started with me preparing for the IIT-JAM scheduled on the 8th of February.There were four of us who used to meet quite often and discuss our preparations.I remember often on days,I used to study for 8 full hours in a day!Yet,as confident we were on the exam day,things were not so pleasant the day the results were announced.None of us was able to secure a good rank although all of us managed to 'pass'the exam.

The entire months of February and March were spent in speculation of the above mentioned result and we did not study at all during that time.Then in April,I kind of  restarted my studies.I had built on some concepts which were strong and my entire focus was on the exams scheduled in the upcoming month of June.We had to sit in four different exam and I was sure to crack any one of them.In May and June we were busy studying and writing the exams for various universities and results started arriving in the 3rd week of June.As I had mentioned in 2014,by the 3rd week of June our career path would be decided and so was it.But sadly here too failure awaited me.

I remember on Monday the 15th of June,the results for the PU exam were announced and I was sure to crack it but when I saw,I had missed by a few marks.This broke my heart literally.I lost my sleep over it and even worse,the DU exam which was scheduled two days ahead was wasted thanks to the depression.I couldn't concentrate on my studies and felt like a loser!The next two weeks were full of depression.I felt like a failure,no hope seemed available and with the pressure from outside,I felt BROKE.This was the first time in life when I experienced how troublesome an event of failure could be.I lost all hope.

Then it was July and on the 5th of July the BHU results were announced and to my surprise I managed to secure a good rank.I had done quite well and it meant my chances of securing a seat at the BHU were almost certain.But thanks to the depression and non-supportive family members I was nervous.For the next 15 days,I was in a mixed state of mind,thinking about the joy of living in Varanasi on one hand and failure on the other.Then only question on my mind was what if I don't find admission?

So after 15 days of confusion I reached Varanasi and it ensued for further two days there too,but when my admission was confirmed I felt a huge sigh of relief.I felt God himself heard to me and as Varanasi is known as-The city of Shiva,I felt he himself guided me to him!For the divine grace,I felt obliged to him.

After joining BHU all worries of my life faded away.At the moment,I remember those horrible two weeks in June and wonder what'd had happened to me if I was not here.At BHU,my life has changed quite a lot.The food habits,the sleeping habits,the lifestyle and even the  language is quite different here and although it took some time,but I feel I have adjusted quite well and feel quite comfortable with my life.

This year was significant in terms of my academics.I am lucky to study here and will soon obtain a Masters degree in Physics and the path leading from here is definitely above and not below if I work hard and hence I feel confident in life at the moment.


The year 2016 brings with it a lot of hope for me.I'll be here in Varanasi this entire year and again it will be this year that'd decide the course of my life.I'll sit for the CSIR-JRF exam this year twice,and will look to clear it at least once.If I manage to do so,my future path will be clear for sure.As everyone makes a few new year resolutions,I think its no harm if I too think of something like that:

*The mind should be under control and well regulated.
*The utmost priority should be study.
*A healthy lifestyle must be maintained.

This is what I expect of me this coming year.Hope this year bring in a lot of joy and peace for me...


          GOODBYE 2015 ........
           WELCOME 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FINDING A PURPOSE....

Whenever you feel like there is no purpose to life,that all you seek is eventually going to be wasted,everything you seek is nothing but an illusion and as you reach the destination of this journey known as life it turns out to be - DEATH. By this I don't mean death is horrible or is something to be avoided,but when you don't see a purpose to life itself,it is all frustration. The more I know about life,the more pointless it seems. As a God denier,I don't have the support of some supreme deity. Although,I confess here that I seem to understand now,why more people follow God than who do not. People like me,either give up and say all this God denying was a delusion and follow some religion for the rest of their lives,and the others,keep on struggling. When you do not have a shadow of religion over your head,life is definitely a struggle. But whether this struggle is worth it or not,is a matter of personal experience.  I am too young to give up a search for truth withou

POWER OF GOODNESS WITHIN

As children,we are a born innocent,carefree and of course we love unconditionally.As we grow up,in the society,we are taught that certain things are right ,while certain things are wrong and we begin shaping up our personalities accordingly.We are taught that certain values within us are agreeable while some are not.Some things we should develop some things we should not.Soon after we begin to see the good and bad of the world.We too realize everything is not that rosy in here,as we used to believe in childhood.The world does seem harsh on us at times and sometimes we feel like we have been hit hard. I want to focus on the personality that we develop all through this.As we grow older the only thing we carry forward are our personalities.I am a firm believer in reincarnation and I think the personalities are carried forward through different lifetimes.But I'll not talk about reincarnations here,let's get limited to this life itself.From childhood to death it is only

EXAMS OVER....WELL ALMOST!!

So finally May is over and a lot of my examinations have concluded too. It means, on one hand I am relaxed and calm while on the other I am excited or should say nervous about my results ahead. This nervousness will subside soon as I won't have to wait longer than a month for the results. I have only one major exam left but I think I have studied what I need to and it is just a matter of time before it passes too. I remember,back in last June I mentioned that my path to future will be decided by the middle of this month,all I can say that it is still undecided. I have appeared for exactly 6 examinations this year,4 of them have been disappointing while the two recent ones raise a glimmer of hope,which is necessary. I have one more chance to get ahead. Only yesterday I appeared for the BHU entrance exams. The question paper did not seem to difficult but once I arrived home I found a few of my mistakes which were silly in nature. It leaves me at a critical point. I can&#